You’re gearing up for the holiday party season and you are so not looking forward to pulling that old black dress out of the back of your closet. You know and I know that you’ll do your best to make it work. “New accessories (a great attempt) and polished shoes (yawn… a bit boring) will make do,” you think to yourself.
While I am all for re-loving your tried, tested and true pieces, sometimes a girl wants to mix it up a bit and try something different for yet another festive season.
Here are some fun, stylish pieces that work together for the true party-goer. There’s a bit of everything here- different /contrasting colour palettes, mixed textures, bold makeup and soft, iconic hair!
Urban Party Crasher #1- Kyla
If you really breakdown this outfit, you’ll notice that each piece, including accessories and shoes, can stand front and centre on its own.
- The vest brings a bit of warm and coziness to this outfit (it IS cold outside). It’s also a great piece to wear on its own with a pair of dark jeans and a striped t-shirt. How versatile is that?
- The sleeveness blouse with the black lace detailing is very dramatic, especially with Kyla’s bold red lip and Marilyn Monroe-esque hair. It would also look great with a pair of tapered cigarette pants (maybe deep cranberry) and a statement heel.
- This pale pink skirt is perfect with this outfit in that it keeps the outfit in a lighter colour scheme- not at all a basic black holiday dress. What I love about this skirt, is that I can wear it over thick/sweater tights, with an oversized sweater and knee-high boots and I’ve transformed it into a casual weekend outfit.
- I love the accessories in that they are neutral enough to be worn with anything while still adding a bit of bling.
- These shoes are a masterpiece. Feel free to add to them to almost any outfit!
Get ready for outfit #2… next time.
Hair: House of Tin Salon
Makeup: Makeup by Bean
Photography: Kelly Rosborough, The Bokehccino Project
Model: Kyla Jackson
Styling: Me of course!
Clothing provided by: Who Cares Wear
… ok, one more amazing photo from this shoot.