Here’s the last fall outfit from the Breakfast Television segment we did a short while back.
For this outfit, we pulled together a casual look that could be worn to a professional office (on a casual Friday type of day), while working from home, or in a less formal work environment. I have to say, I really love the way this outfit came together on our model.
Model #3: Megan
Breakin’ it down:
- We’re showcasing a rich paisley-esque print in this blouse. It is sheer – not good for most work environments – so I’ve paired it with a dark neutral tank. For those that work in a more conservative office, I’d suggest you opt for a thicker strap for the cami/tank. It’s got a bit of a retro feel to it as well with the high collar that ties in the front. I like that you’re able to be creative and change up the tie so that it better fits with your style.
- Because Megan has a lot of length and has a lean frame, she’s able to pull off the rise of jean I’ve put her in. If you happen to have a little “extra” around the midsection, I’d suggest a slightly higher rise. I’ve also chosen a wider leg jean that resembles a trouser jean. This shape tends to make the leg look longer and leaner.
- Since the blouse has a lot of colour and pattern in it, I’ve chosen to go with a very dark wash jean (great for fall and winter) with dark stitiching. I do like to chose this type of jean because of it’s versatility in both dressier and casual situations.
- I’ve paired this with an ankle lace-up bootie. It’s a great pairing to give a more casual look to this outfit. If you’d like to take it up a notch, opt for a pump or more of a streamlined boot.
- Megan’s accessories are not overwhelming to this outfit but help bring it together. You can see that her earring and bold statement ring complement each other but certainly don’t match. They are a great complement to the metallic belt that has been added to finish off this outfit.
- Since this segment was all about up-dos.. buns, specifically… you’ll see that she is sporting a rather sleek, assymetrical bun. Love! I also like that her makeup is work-appropriate but also plays up her beautiful features.
Hope you enjoyed this segment. If you have a question, feel free to ask!